Oh no more trailers

I have recently rebuilt some trailer hubs with new bearings. While it was a part I repainted the chassis, Axel and so on. Now although the trailer seem s to be running okay I have been left with a thin ring of unpainted metal o n the Axel just outside the lip seal. From what I have read paint and lip s eals do not mix. Would chain wax be okay to apply to inhibit corrosion?

Reply to
chade

Or bearing grease.

Reply to
newshound

as apart I repainted the chassis, Axel and so on. Now although the trailer seems to be running okay I have been left with a thin ring of unpainted met al on the Axel just outside the lip seal. From what I have read paint and l ip seals do not mix. Would chain wax be okay to apply to inhibit corrosion?

Thanks.

Reply to
chade