making a shed quick !

I have never seen OSB 4, maybe its for ship building?

Reply to
dennis

Well, I've got 15 OSB3 boards at a good price coming on tuesday from

I just need to decide whether to run some masonry under the sole plate. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

from

Now I just need to decide whether to run some masonry under the sole

I reckon I would - unless you're going to get so serious with the painting of the OSB ground-side edges to the point where you will rely on it...

Cheers JimK

Reply to
JimK

sm_jamieson wibbled on Friday 30 April 2010 13:13

Nice site - they happen to have a particular type of lead/flue slate that I wasn't sure existed :) Thanks!

Reply to
Tim Watts

p://

The trouble is, I was going to build the metal poles holding up the metal roof into the walls. But how to seal around the poles ? I'll have to look at building the new wall outside or inside the metal poles. Outside depends on the roof overhang, inside leaves the roof timbers exposed. Or, I could build the metal poles into the masonry and try and seal around them with a strong concrete-type mix. Trouble with jobs like this, they tend to escalate. This is supposed to be a quick (but secure) construction so I can get on with the extension ! I might build the side wall in a more lash-up fasion and wrap a tarp under the sole plate and right up to the roof. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

from

> > Now I just need to decide whether to run some masonry under the sole

I know what you mean with the escalations :>)

Just a tthought but:- How many tools we talking about here? could you not blag SWMBO's dining room whilst the screed goes off? - can't be for long surely? and she gets a nice extension quicker cos you're not building a shed.......

JimK

Reply to
JimK

> > > Now I just need to decide whether to run some masonry under the sol= e

Haha. Well ... The dining room was the workshop for a year or so. Now the dining room is the kitchen. The kitchen is stripped out and a new floor with new drainage being layed. The tools now have to be removed from the house !

I think I'll coat the sole plate and bottom 150mm of the OSB3 in some type of bitumen paint and be done with that. It should last 15 years at least like that. I may put a piece of sacrificial timber in ground contact so the OSB is not actually touching it.

That'll do ! Simon.

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson