Magnetic LED tool lights

The internal light has just died on my pillar drill. Somewhere I've seen a box containing a battery, LED and magnet that can be attached to the side of any tool and pointed where it's needed. I suppose I could make one but there are so many jobs backed-up in the pipeline I'd rather buy a couple - any suggestions of where to buy?

Reply to
NoSpam

Is there no replacable bulb or something. seems that it ought to be repairable. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Sorry, I didn't word that well - 'twas late and a beer had passed my lips. The bulb is replaceable but it's not the first time it's failed and it prompted me to ask about LED lights with magnetic attachments

Reply to
NoSpam

Sounds like the kinda thing Axminster might sell.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Or even most of te sheds, they have 2" ish round LED lights with a flip out magnetic back.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Replace the internal bulb with an led equivalent?

Otherwise there are a range of things from the magnetic stick-on worklights in Tesco etc from about a fiver

This looks useful:
base and a gooseneck

This has more leds:

sure if it's battery though.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I'm using keyring lights from the pound shop. They use coin cells in an aluminium egg-shaped case, with triple white LEDs and quite good ones too. This is thick enough to let me drill and tap the back for a tube (steel clutch piping) and run wiring through that. Plastic battery boxes are cheap from

or I use a mains supply on the CNC machines where it's already available.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Mine takes an R63. I have a CFL retrofit in it, as I doubted a filament would last long with the vibration, although it could do with being brighter.

It actually has a US ES lampholder which is fractionally different size, and usually comes apart when removing the light bulb.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

That's a good idea and a useful link - thanks!

Reply to
NoSpam