Low water pressure

And before you ask - no it wasn't their sheep

Reply to
Nick Brooks

What was that figure about the number of times London tap water is likely to have passed through someone before it reaches you?

Reply to
Grunff

Eight times and it isn't just London

-- troubleinstore

troubleinstore

How's that worked out? Doesn't seem very much if you consider the whole water cycle and all the people who have ever lived.

Reply to
Craig Graham

But what about swans. Then they're the queens swans widdling in your water supply. Are you going to stand there and take it?

(technically, swans don't seperate 1 and 2.)

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Ballpark time. Say there have been 15 billion people alive. Urine/sweat/... output maybe 8l/day. Say 3000l/year of water.

3*10^3l/year/person * 100 years * 15*10^9 people = 4.5*10^15l, or 4.5*10^12 tons, or 4500 cubic kilometers. The ocean has 1.3 billion cubic kilometers, so well under a hundred thousandth of the ocean could have passed through a human. (not one particular human)
Reply to
Ian Stirling

Hmmm, can't say I've seen any around here. I'll cross that one when I come to it I think.

Reply to
Grunff

"Ian Stirling" wrote | Grunff wrote: | > Owain wrote: | >> "There may be badgers, foxes, rabbits, deer, and frogs widdling in | >> the water supply, but it's my water and they're my badgers, foxes, | >> rabbits, deer, and frogs. And what are you complaining about. At | >> least there're no cows." | > Perfect. Thanks. | But what about swans. | Then they're the queens swans widdling in your water supply.

Should add £20,000 on the value of the house if selling to an ardent monarchist.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Good! Rip the bastards off.

Reply to
IMM

20l/min is quoted by the manufacturer (I looked on the side of mine). Realistically I think you could get by on 12-15l/min. H
Reply to
Hamie

But then, what's the point of having a megaflo? You might as well just save your cash and get a combi, which is half the price (or less) than a system boiler/megaflo combination. If your total supply is much less than 30lpm, you might find it is a waste of money.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle