Low Water Pressure

Hi, we've bought and had fitted a Triton Millenium Electric shower. Unfortunately the monkeys who fitted it (I simply haven't had time myself, we just moved house) couldn't plumb a line, let alone a water system ... Anyway, after re-doing the system, and re-setting the shower, purging it and re-instating the jumper to 47 degrees, we still find that there is not quite enough water pressure, or flow, to the shower to keep it going. We're direct from the mains water, and when not plumbed into it the pressure and flow rate seem fine.

What can I do to remedy this ?

Can I fit a pump of some sort under the bath to assist the pressure/flowrate ? If so, what sort ??? ;)

Any other suggestions gratefully received ..

Cheers.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Have the monkeys fitted the shower with a stopcock or gate valve ? Is the valve fully on ? What size pipework have the monkeys used ? Is it kinked or compressed anywhere along its length ?

Reply to
Benjamin Aldred

That reminds me, there are two sizes of 'ball valve' or 'ball o'fix' valves with internal diameters of 12mm and 7mm - the latter being much, much cheaper - so which one is the hired plumber going to fit? I only found this out (after fitting lots!!!) when a friend mentioned it as the possible reason for unbearable shhhhhssshhhhing noises in his house whenever a tap was turned on. Hugh

pressure/flowrate

Reply to
Hugh

Benjamin Aldred posted:

Yes

It's same as standard copper, but plastic piping, about 9 / 10mm Outside diameter

No, unfortunately it looks a good fixing, we're just sorry we didn't actually get to run the shower while they were here .. though I guess they did, and that's why they " .. got called away to another emergency job, though it's all fixed and working ..."

The actual plumbing is now OK, I re-did it myself. There's no kinks, bends or anything to stop flow or pressure, it just appears that this older side of the bungalow has issues that are more than just the fitting of a shower, and it does seem that low water pressure is here to stay without ripping it all out and starting at the mains again .. ;) I'm really looking to see if there's any other way we can get a reasonable water pressure to this side of the bungalow, the litchen end is fine ...

Reply to
Paul - xxx

I was going to ask whether it was a 'pressure' problem or a 'flow' problem? Partially clogged pipe? Or some obstruction such as an errant washer previously come loose from a shut off valve got into the pipes somewhere? Some six years later when I drained down our system found the screw and the rubber plastic washer (remains of the original major shut-off valve) and some grit came back down the pipe! Replaced main shut-off with a quarter turn ball-c*ck. Two cents.

Reply to
Terry