Looking for toolbox like this but a bit bigger

I'm looking for a toolbox (or two) like this:-

But I need it to be just a bit bigger, specifically I want it to be a bit 'deeper' from front to back, I need the top compartment to be something like 28cm from front to back.

The other dimensions are less important as is the number of drawers (at least two). I'd prefer plastic but metal would be OK as long as it meets the size I want and is a 'pick it up with a handle on top' sort of size.

I've searched a lot but can't find anything that really suits so any pointers would be very welcome.

Reply to
cl

Assume you have checked out the Machine Mart range

(unless they are on your blacklist of course)

Reply to
newshound

None of them is deep enough front to back (of the ones that one can carry that is), see:-

They're all only 220 or 230 mm deep.

Reply to
cl

Into DIY territory then?

Kitchen drawer inserts might be good, set into fabricated trays to provide a smooth, cleanable, resilient surface.

Reply to
newshound

Probably more than you intended paying but Festool Sortainers are 28cm front to back.

Reply to
pcb1962

Yes, Festool do seem to make what I want, but as you say, horribly expensive. There are a couple of other very expensive options out there but nothing that I can find at sane prices.

Reply to
cl

Try the 'bay again, but look for "fishing tackle bit box"...

Reply to
greyridersalso