Looking for permanently wired countdown timer

I'm looking for a countdown timer that I can use with permanently wired electric heaters (and similar).

I want something like this but not a plug-in one:-

Does anyone have any idea where I might find such a thing? Just a single '1 hour' setting would be fine though more would be nice.

Reply to
cl

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Thanks, perfect, except a bit pricey but not too bad I suppose.

Next question, what bathroon zones would this be allowed in? Presumably the same zones as a normal light switch or similar.

Reply to
cl

Under the 17th edition it would be installed out of the zones

Is this a new circuit?

Reply to
ARW

They are available as I had a couple but sold them on ebay and I cant go that far back to check my sales history. i bought them for a couple of aircon units as I rented a property. They were hardwired but not sure if the aircon units then plugged in to them. I recall spending a fair bit of time googling before I found them and they were under £10. If I can track them down I will post on here.

Reply to
ss

On this one you hardwire the appliance to to the timer and then plug it in

ss

But what if the bathrom has no socket:-)

Reply to
ARW

You wire a shuko socket in accordance with harmonised German regs, then use a shonky 99p adapter off ebay to plug the timer into.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Yes, 'out of zones' is what I meant by where one could install a light switch.

It's not a new circuit, just that we keep leaving the electric fire in the bathroom turned on and a countdown time switch like this would save electricity.

So it's "add a switch to an existing circuit".

Reply to
cl

Which, in general, it shouldn't have unless it's huge.

... anyway (OP here) it's a fixed wired heater with a pull switch at the moment. However it is a quite sizeable bathroom and the heater is well outside the zones and the switch can be even more so.

Reply to
cl

Ideally any new cabling should have RCD protection, but other than that - outside the zones is where the switch can go.

Reply to
ARW

You could use something like this

with a suitable IP rated with, if that is better?

This, however, doesn't give the user the choice of times, it is set and forget.

Reply to
Toby