Lithofin type things

Not convinced the the lithofin is - I don't recall it smelling particularly or evaporating fast etc. I will check the bottle later and let you know.

Reply to
John Rumm

:

te:

e:

I just dug up the msds for Lithofin, and sure enough its 15% IPA and water based, and that'll do nicely. Thanks :)

NT

Reply to
NT

And using a squeegee will discourage the humidity from staying high.

Reply to
Appelation Controlee

What about International Yacht Varnish, as sold in B&Q? Genuine question

- I know of International as a pukka manufacturer of marine paint, although not having a boat myself I don't know any of their individual products.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

If it's a two-pack varnish then it's yacht varnish, usually sold as two tins one about the size of a tin of tuna strapped to the top of a 1 litre tin. Just before use you tip the small tin into the big tin and mix thoroughly.

If it's a one pack varnish then it's not real yach varnish, just a good quality exterior varnish if it's sold under the International brand. Flag are good as well in my experience. I've used Flag antifouling for years and I use Flag primer and undercoat when I'm decorating at home. Their aluminium primer is very good for resinous/knotted wood it seems to stop the resin bleeding through.

Reply to
Steve Firth

The after show sprays also do that. They are mainly a surfacant to cause the water to run off quickly, and sometimes a tiny amount of descaler to prevent scale/scum being left behind. Whilst they will keep a shower clean, they aren't powerful enough (nor intended) for cleaning a shower once it's got filthy.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel