lidl nimh batteries

Hi,

I was reading a post here recommending lidl's nimh batteries when I found they are listed in this week's special offers' leaflet. Does this mean they are a once per year thing? Do I have to buy all my batteries now? I was hoping they might have been a regular fixture so that I could buy a couple to try and top-up as I needed more.

TIA

Reply to
Fred

This is the first time they have sold the pre charged low leakage batteries. They will probably be back in about 10 weeks.

Reply to
dennis

You can buy Sanyo Eneloop from Amazon. I bought a set in Jan this year, precharged (made in July 09). They haven't needed charging yet.

Reply to
Tim Streater

In message , Tim Streater writes

Though rather more expensive at about 7 quid for 4 (GBP2.99 for 4 in Lidl)

I've got a few different branded ones, but the last one I got were from

7 day shop at 3.99 for 4 (Delivered, which is about the best price otherwise for this sort of battery)

Whilst the cheapies may not be quite as good as the brands, I don't think the difference will be much I think hey are much better value. And Ive always found 7 Day Shops own branded stuff to be decent

Reply to
chris French

In message , "dennis@home" wrote

And because it will be Christmas the entire stock will exit the shop 10 minutes after it opens :)

Lidl/Aldi offers for the same item are infrequent. If it is a popular item it isn't unknown for some outlets to get zero stock and those who do sell out very quickly.

Reply to
Alan

Just offering options. There are times when it's dopey to go without something you need for months and months just for the sake of a couple of quid.

Reply to
Tim Streater

In message , Tim Streater writes

I agree.

Reply to
chris French

That's not the way Lidl works. Specials are changed twice a week and are only available for a few days. You either buy them when they are offered or hope to see the offer repeated at some time in the future.

Reply to
Bernard Peek

Were you talking about the Lidl ones or the 7 day ones, or both?

Who does make these "tronic" batteries for Lidl is it a rebadged big brand or someone obscure?

TIA

Reply to
Fred

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Tim Streater saying something like:

Ditto. I bought some Eneloops as first-line digicam batts, followed by some Vapex Instants from

Hard to tell what's better, really.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

The marking on them is

there's no mention of batteries on the website, but plenty of household names for the other re-branded products they supply (and a few I'd never heard of).

Reply to
Andy Burns

I realise that Aldi and Lidl have weekly offers and that makes sense for a number of reasons. For example, very few people want to buy a barbeque in the winter or a heater in the summer (though with our summers...) When I went shopping for the batteries I saw a microwave oven and a mitre saw. These are things people might want any time of the year but being small stores, I understand they don't have the room, so offering bulky goods them on rotation makes sense.

Batteries on the other hand are very small. They could easily squeeze them in somewhere. Why sell them only 2 weeks a year when they could sell them 52 weeks. People who pop in to buy batteries might even pick up some other items whilst they are there.

Just my 2p

Reply to
Fred

Perhaps they are (or are close to being) loss-leaders, they get people in through the door where they might buy something else, but wouldn't be very profitable if they sold them year round?

Reply to
Andy Burns

I've always assumed it's a marketing thing. 'Lets pop in and see what offers they have this week ' sort of thing.

Reply to
chris French

Their bargains are often cheap enough that market-stall and discount-shop owners will arrive at opening time and clear their entire stock. In general if something looks like a bargain it won't lie around for long.

Reply to
Bernard Peek

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Bernard Peek saying something like:

There's a notice up by the tills in my Lidl that traders buying for re-sale will be banned. Easy ways round it, of course.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon