Lidl 10.8V Drill

Someone I know wants a light but usable drill. On 22/01/2015, Lidl have a 10.8V one.

PARKSIDE 10.8V Li-Ion Drill £29.99*Each

2 speed gearbox with 10 torque levels and 1 drill setting With an integrated LED work light and 3-stage battery status indicator Single sleeve keyless chuck and automatic spindle lock Fast charging time (mins): 60 Specifications: - No-load-speed (rpm): 400 / 1300 - Max. torque (Nm): 20 - Max. drilling diameter (mm): Wood 20 - Steel 8 - Charging time (mins): 60 - Weight (kg): 1.1 3 year manufacturer's warranty

I am well acquainted with the broadly similar Makita product and know both its capacity and limitations. That would probably do what my friend needs. Is this going to be a disappointment? Or simply a slightly less refined but perfectly adequate product?

Reply to
polygonum

I bought one of those last time around and it's a great little drill. So good I thought I'd get a spare battery for it. They wanted 40 quid for one. ;-) Something galls about buying a second one just for the battery.

(I do have a few other cordless drills too;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

am well acquainted with the broadly similar Makita product and know

I bought one last time they had them in (primarily for the li-ion battery s o I'd have a least one cordless that always had some charge) and I think it 's very good for the money. Light to use, nicely finished, does what it sa ys it does.

Reply to
mike

'Light but usable' is imprecise, but if weight matters significantly I'd be inclined to drop below 10.8. 7.2v is adequate for general drilling as long as its not heavy duty stuff. The lower the voltage, the less the weight, t he less peak power and the less energy stored per charge. 18v is great for frequent users, but for light diy is OTT.

NT

Reply to
meow2222