LED Lightstrip Kit

I see Lidl are offering LED lightstrips on Monday.

Any experience from previous purchases? Any other comments?

They look like they might work right for us as a semi-permanent installation. That is, for a few moths/years until we change the kitchen completely. It would be particularly good to know what the colour is like. If they are 2700K then I'll forget them.

Reply to
polygonum

Hi From Lidl's site these seem like the smd led type flexible strips being 12v dc powered.(used on cars for decoration in all colours). If they are you may be better buying a 5m length and cutting it to size,providing you are adept with a soldering iron. I have 4 sets of these in various colours illuminating SWMBO,s display cabinet (day white 4200k) to under cab in the kitchen (warm white 3200k) and 2 sets of RGB as xmas decorations. A 5m length takes 12v 2A and a switching 2a psu works fine. Got mine from a dealer in Manchester but it may be miles from you . He does however sell on (dare I say it ?) Ebay. BTB A 5m roll of 300 led plain colour (white,red,yellow etc.) comes in around £6 to £8 and a 2a psu will cost between £4 & £6. HTH CJ

I see Lidl are offering LED lightstrips on Monday.

Any experience from previous purchases? Any other comments?

They look like they might work right for us as a semi-permanent installation. That is, for a few moths/years until we change the kitchen completely. It would be particularly good to know what the colour is like. If they are 2700K then I'll forget them.

Reply to
CJ