lidl £4.99 LED torch.

Lidl have some very bright (60+lm) torches. I just bought one, put the batts in and it didn't work. Took it back.

By the time I got there the reason it didn't work was apparent.. the whole thing was too hot to hold as there was a short in it. Good job it wasn't a 10 minute walk or things might have got serious.

Moral.. always remove the batts from faulty products.

Reply to
dennis

Are you sure they were the right way round?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Does it need explaining that an LED torch isn't the same as a tungsten one?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Look who you're talking to ...

Reply to
Huge

Normally I'd agree with this. But it is you we're talking about.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
Huge

Quite. But then it's you who's broken it. I never have a problem with anything like this from Lidl.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , "dennis@home" writes

Wow dennis lucky escape

just imagine what could have happened if you'd shoved it up your arse before you found out

Reply to
geoff

In message , "dennis@home" writes

that could have been your whole career as a cocaine mule ruined

Reply to
geoff

In message , "dennis@home" writes

You didn't use a hacksaw on it, by any chance, did you denboi ?

Reply to
geoff

Strange you are so confident it is designed to withstand wrong battery insertion, but not so any fault could result in a fire...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well, which statistical tests do you propose to use and what information do you hope to derive ?

Derek G

Reply to
Derek G.

As a matter of interest, the best torch I ever bought is a Lidl LED one (could conceivably be Aldi).

I don't think it is the one on sale now; mine is fatter I think (shaft 4cm in diameter, top 6.5cm). Lidl's current LED torch is coming here this week, but from their web-page it looks quite a lot slimmer.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

I've got one which has 5 LEDs. Looks like a Maglite, and is made out of solid ally, polished finish. Top screws to switch on/off, so no switch to break. Not a serious torch but good enough for taking the dog out when dark etc, and I've never yet replaced the batteries despite a lot of use.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)