Payne Furnace LED Code indicator?

I have a newer Payne Central air unit in my house.

Long story short. It is working fine but tonight i decided to look at it. THe little window shows a red LED. I assume the LED is for testing as that is what is indicated on the door of the furnace. My question is....the door sticker makes no mention of the LED if the LED is on all the time.

Mine is on....it doesnt flash or anything...just on solid.

is this normal?

Reply to
scale

Yes, it's indicating *power on*. The board will flash out a code if it senses a fault.

hvacrmedic

Reply to
RP

great! Thanks for the reply. I noticed it was red...so i thought something might be wrong. I just wanted to check and make sure i was good to go and didnt have an alarm of some kind on the unit.

Thanks for replying! You saved me some piece of mind :)

Reply to
scale

Get out of the house quick. You have about 5 minutes until it blows.

Wait a second. Is this Payne Central or Kaboom Central? Never mind.

mm

Solid red LED on means: "Replace Defective Circuit Board" You might also want to install a new name brand Digital Programmable thermostat. Most problems are always caused by a faulty thermostat. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

The light for codes is. Not on at all and furnace will not run

Reply to
Ed

Is the switch turned on? The breaker? check for 110v ac to the furnace junction box. If OK check transformer

Reply to
Clare Snyder

On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 15:45:34 -0400, Clare Snyder posted for all of us to digest...

If ok check the fuse on the 24v side Thermostat batteries ok & any switches on it set properly?

Reply to
Tekkie©