last night's Grand Designs

Page 2 of 2
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:38:33 -0000, "David Hearn"

... and probably also moving a street light that had been "put in the wrong place" and which, as Reuben told it, "someone at the council had said it would be OK to move" :-)
--
Julian Fowler
Julian Fowler wrote:

The council guy was It was probably the guy who came around and picked up the black bags left outside.... ;)

I imagine if they'd tried to do it the "proper" way, they'd both have been in their graves by the time the Council said "No".

I rather think that the difference in the outlook and hands on experience shown in the best and worst of these designs is the difference between paper-pushers and people who get a real live slap when they make a mistake.
I wonder why they removed the walls and etc., from the ground up, leaving the upper structure more and more difficult, dangerous and capapble of damaging the envelope as it was demolished?
Fair play to the previous failures though, even the crap house of the century had a goer for a designer. I'd give him ten out of ten for being there. The cutting edge can do a lot of damage and is by nature difficult to handle. I am pleased to be one of the race that is famous for producing all of these types.

Does the programme get a repeat? - I cant remember whether my tivo was set up to record it or not.

One thing you can count on especially with digital sets is repeats of theis stuff. Check the C4 website.

set
Another thing you can count on with C4 house programs is a "Revisited" version recycling 90% of the program with a couple of new minutes on the end.