B&Q's showerforce 8.0 serious problem

Hi... We've had a redundant showerforce and I've finally decided to call them tomorrow - it's out of gaurantee but they'll be getting an earful anyway....

It worked for a period of time perfectly, then we noticed that the following, as described in another post i found on this newsgroup from a year ago, had to be done:

"My Showerforce power shower had airlock problems in the hot feed sometimes (should have used a Surrey flange or whatever it's called). As well as going cold, the flow rate would drop noticeably. To get the hot going again (it did not stop entirely) you had to turn the temperature up to max (i.e. all hot water - it was not thermostatic) then wait for the flow to increase, then turn it back.

Maybe the outlet of the hot water cylinder is now connected differently resulting in more air bubbles getting into the shower?"

Is there anything I can personally do to fix this? I've had a look and noticed that when the shower is on some droplets appear to be leaking from 2 places around this copper-looking tank, located in the top right corner of the shower-box; but it appears to be from the output to the showerhead so surely this couldn't be causing the problem?

I suspected that after the season of having to put the temperature-setting to max wen the shower went cold just to get some heat in the water again, that it was knackered, and my mother and I just haven't had the time or inclination to fix/contact NewTeam.

As I said, I'll contact them tomorrow, assuming they still exist - but does anybody have any rough guesses as to what the problem is?

By the way, the pressure appears fine, rangeing between 2 and 3 dependant on our boiler - and the electricity supply is fine...

Thanks muchly!

Gordon

Reply to
Gordieee