Kitchen waste disposal unit dead

Ok the kitchen waste disposal unit has finally died. Seems that its become overloaded. Don`t have any documentation as unit was in house when I moved in.

Checked the reset button on bottom of unit it has popped out when I press that it doesn`t go back in. Used an allen key to move plates around to check that they were not jammed. Checked fuse on switch and that ok. However unit is still showing no life. So what do I try now or do I assume that a replacement is required?

Andrew

Reply to
a_mcbride

Replying to my own question here. Just gone back to unit and waggled the allen key a few more times. The unit has also cooled down checked the reset button pressed it and bingo it went back in. Switched unit on again and Roberts your uncle, the unit sprung back to life.

Andrew

Reply to
a_mcbride

In article , a_mcbride writes

As you say you didn't get any instructions with it: just so you know, when you run a waste disposal unit, you're meant to have a tap running into it as well to cool and lubricate it.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson