will we use a waste disposal unit????

New kitchen is in the post, do we want a waste disposal unit or are they more faff than they are worth? We have a fortnightly bin collection and the bins can need a wide berth in the summer.

Reply to
misterroy

Well worth it but don't get a weedy one and make sure you have a pneumatic switch at the front of the sink.

Dave

Reply to
NoSpam

We had one in our last place, but not this one.

I miss it. Would get one but for our Dickensian plumbing.

Al.

Reply to
Al

Had a Bosch unit for 15 years. No trouble. Doesn't like nails and hinges though.

Reply to
john

Thinking of getting one in new kitchen. Whats the significance of the pneumatic switch ? Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Wet hands + electricity = Ouch.

Al.

Reply to
Al

Unless you instal one with a magnetic switch, as in the sink(disposal unit) plug.

Reply to
The Wanderer