Kettle semi-not working

I have an elec' kettle..the type with the -drop it on any way you like base. It stopped working suddenly. I tried the kettle itself on an alternative base and it worked fine. So the base is faulty.

Easy to fix?

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

I have to ask...fuse in the plug?

Reply to
Bob Eager

I wouldnt go to the trouble...buy a new one. My dad had same trouble with one. One of the sprung contacts in the base had broken. Not worth the time and trouble.

Reply to
Volund

Shoulda mentioned that..sorry. I changed the fuse but that didn't help.

Any easy way to check if a fuse is good?

Reply to
Arthur

If you don't have a test meter or battery and bulb...put it into the plug for a table lamp or something and see if it works.

If you haven't had the kettle long, take it back. Sale of Goods Act, etc...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Do a continuity test on it with a multimeter, or simply wire it up to a small battery and a small torch bulb (schoolboy style). If bulb lights, Hey Presto, fuse must be ok.

Reply to
Volund

PP3 battery, fuse, tongue! :)))

cheers, Pete.