Electric Kettle

Hi all,

My electric Kettle is one that sits on a base unit.

The enclosed contacts in the base must be corroded, I have cleaned the male pins on the kettle but despite this working before does not now.

I have tried to take the base apart but it is all clipped together.

Is there a way of cleaning them you know of or is it time for another new kettle.

Mick.

Reply to
Mick Cant

The inevitable heating effect during progressive corrosion will almost certainly have drawn the temper of the contact springs so even if cleaned are likely to fail again soon. Kettles are only a fiver to buy new. Go splash out!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

How do you know that the problem is with the contacts and not elsewhere? Have you checked the continuity of the heating element?

Reply to
Roger Mills

I just bought a new one after 30 years of the same Philips. In the end the contacts would not stay working more than a few minutes - temper gone. I bought an ECO Kettle, you fill it up in the morning, and then you can just heat enough for one cup, two cups, etc..

I like it a lot, and it's heavy enough to give a good upper body workout while making breakfast.

TheOldFellow

Yeah but , ... you run the risk of negative equity on a purchase like that. ;-)

Reply to
Appelation Controlee