kerosene rayburn tripping electrics

I've just had a call from an old colleague, his central heating is tripping its circuit soon after starting.

It's a 10 year old rayburn range and a pump. My guess it's something in the oil burner ignition circuit but what chances a circulation pump would fail with an earth leak?

Any other suggestions as to what to check, he's some 50 miles away so not easy to advise from a distance.

The local rayburn/aga agents charge loads of dosh and tend only to replace whole assemblies.

AJH

Reply to
andrew

very high.

id say almost certainl some pump or other.

I had a motor on the washing machine do this: stripped it down to bare parts and all I could tell was somewhere in the armature was a 3k short to the armature metal. No reason, no other symptoms. Just did it.

Find out where in the cyckle it does it..

on my system thermostat moves motorised valve - takes a second - then valve starts pump - then delay another second, boiler fan fires up - two seconds more then ignition cuts in. few more seconds and boiler should go WUMPH

work out how far it gets.

Id hazard a bust motor in the valve, the pump or the boiler fan as equally probably to the igniter.

isolating the lot and pissing with a resistance meter is a way to go.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I see your problem was sorted by servicing the pump. great. If the blower starts but fails to ignite consider the fuel valve solenoid.(on top of the fuel pump). Mine caused an rcd trip . simple replacement with danfoss 071N0010.

Reply to
bakerjvb