Joke for the group

This was a reply to a poor Suprima owner from Baxi
"The Suprima range of boiler has been in the market-place for some considerable time and has proved to be very successful. I can assure you that this particular model of boiler does not have any history of inherent fault with the boiler or indeed with any of the components used in its manufacture. I am therefore unable to comment on the findings of your engineer or the unfounded information you have gleaned from site on the Internet over which we have no control. There is therefore no reason to take any recall action as there is no issue with this model. "
He obviously missed his true vocation as a stand up comedian
--
geoff

Come on, he may have been the Iraqi Information minister once, but he's been rehabilitated now. Give him a chance.
Christian.

Oh, of course - Baxi's minister for disinformation
I only sent out 20 Suprima pcbs today
--
geoff

writes

I know one CH service guy who carries a soldering iron to resolder the pins that become loose on Baxi boards. he also puts that araldite looking gook that dries hard on the soldered pin connections. He got fed up ordering boards and looked closer to find out what the problem was for 95% plus of the board problems. He can be in and out in 30-45 minutes, with one satisfied customer, knowing at least that problem will not reoccur.

I have a client with a Suprima 50 which sometimes locks out when starting up from cold. PCB problem, perhaps? Resolder job to cure, or new PCB? And how much?
tia

if you're looking for a pcb, look at my www.cetltd.com website
--
geoff