Is this true?

I've seen the following statement "Limescale build-up on heating elements makes them less efficient, meaning more electricity is used for each wash" I don't actually think this is true, i.e. the amount of electricity the element uses cannot be affected by a coating of limescale, and if the energy has gone into the element it can only leave as heat. Am I right?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews