Is this drill okay?

Can anyone advise whether the following ScrewFix 24v drill is worth 49.99?
http://tinyurl.com/j6uy
The spec looks good to me, but as I have very limited knowledge of these drills I don't know whether I should consider it a good buy or not.
Andrew
Andrew McKay wrote:

Hi Andrew
I don't know if this is helpful or not, but Makro have a Nutool 24v cordless drill at the moment which was marked at 29.99 on the shelf but when we took it to the till it was 19.99 (+ VAT). It comes with 2 batteries, bits and a nice case. You have to have, or know someone with a Makro card though.
Cheers Tim
On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 18:58:29 GMT, "Tim Sampson"

I'll check that out - thanks.
Good job I asked :)
The reason I did ask is that I've got a cheap and cheerful 7.2v battery drill which, for the money I paid for it, has done me handsomely, but it runs out of juice all too quickly (not because the battery is stuffed, it simply isn't designed for a lot of use). I realise I need to go upmarket for something which has 2 batteries.
Andrew
Andrew McKay wrote:

I have one of these, while it is ok, I would not recommend it if it is your only cordless, get something good like a makita.
MrCheerful

Ditto, and it was 40 last year when I bought mine :-)
The charger is crap - cooks the batteries unless you catch them just in time, despite the read and green LEDs which give the impression of an intelligent (or even timed) charger.
The hammer action isn't worth the candle (don't think it's up to much even on DeWalts).
If you want to play with one I've got my old one sitting around doing nothing. I don't even bother taking it out with me, I just take my 'Site' (old B&Q o/b, allegedly made by Ryobi) 14.4 2-speed cordless and Screwfix's multipurpose drill bits, the combination of which do anything a mains hammer drill + normal TCT masonry bit will do (and a mains SDS for what those won't do). If the Site packs up I'll probably go for a DW 12V non-combi.
cheers
I bought one of these drills and they are an absolute load of shite. The body of the drill flexes under pressure, the batteries don't charge, it has a pathetic top speed of 1000 revs. Save your money and buy something decent that will be a joy to use and will more than likely last you several years.
I went out and bought myself a panasonic cordless hammer drill that has been fantastic. You get what you pay for!!!!!!!!!!!