Is there a place for this, somewhere?

Photo strip of how to replace the pump seal on our Bosch dishwaher.

Skipweasel

upload the pics and turn it into an article...

Reply to
John Rumm

give permission for its use on wiki would be a start

Reply to
Tabby

Feel free - that's what I did it for. I searched high and low for someone who'd already done it - and didn't find one, so I did it myself.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Well done that man!!

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Great, at some point you might find it up there. Dont know when.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

.

I take back my half offer to put it up, that's a lot of piccies. Here's how to do it:

  1. type desired article name in search box. At top of resulting page, click 'create article.'
  2. To insert a piccy in the article, type [[image:imagename.jpg]] Text just goes in as plain text.
  3. Click 'save page' when done.

That's it really. In the article you've made, where the pictures should show up, click there to upload them. Its very simple & self explanatory. I'd recommend adding the text on each pic upload page 'I release this into the public domain'

NT

Reply to
Tabby

Or, the quick way...

Use DownThemAll (or other batch downloader) to grab all the images and web pages from the original site.

From a command line:

produce a file of all the image names Concat all the .html files into one Do a macro batch edit to strip all but the description text make a batch file to block rename the images batch rename the files Then in an editor:

Do a rectangular cut'n'paste to insert the images names into the left most column

Do a few "replace alls" format the file names as [[image:]] tages.

Find a suitable wiki article and paste in. View the result, and then middle click each of the broken image links. That will leave you with a bunch of upload pages sat there waiting with the right filename. Now the tedious bit - 10 mins of clicking to point each upload at the local image.

Anyway, we already had a dishwasher repair article, so I slapped it on the end:

(someone had better check none of the descriptions got misaligned with their photos!)

Reply to
John Rumm

Wouldn't it be easier just to post a link to the existing page?

Reply to
Skipweasel

Yes, but...on the picture of reassmbling the pump, it's supposed to say "Lug A fits into notch B" on the end. I'll go change the web page, too, but could you fudge the wiki for me, please?

Reply to
Skipweasel

This is the one that starts "Drive the seal into..." ?

ok, done.

Reply to
John Rumm

Yup - thanks.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Wow, thanks, you timed that well.

I have a similar/identical model that has suddenly stopped doing everything. It makes noises but doesn't seem to pump out or take in water. I was trying to work up the enthusiam, but think that's inspired me. Is there a Haynes book? Your pictures are probably better than Haynes' generalization for every model by every manufacturer.

Reply to
Onetap

Have a look and see if the base is full of water - that'll send you in the right direction.

Reply to
Skipweasel