Is it legal to shoot tele-sales people for crass insensitivity?

In message , tony sayer writes

Thanks Tony :-)

I was feeling anything but gentlemanly at the time! I did rather hope that he would realise the situation, apologise and then go away. But he didn't. My only plan at the moment is to wait until the next call, the above one was actually the second within a week, the first from the same company, was from a female who did appear sympathetic when told that dad was in hospital and not going to survive, she said sorry for bothering me and left it at that. The next call, should it arrive will be met with a request to speak with a supervisor. It will probably occur during the funeral service, I must remember to turn my phone off !!!!

Reply to
Bill

Supervisor won't give a monkeys, hes the one pushing the sales team on. Directors will care, they have to think of the company's image, and likely don't know how depraved their salesteam are.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

They might care if they get the impression that they will be visited bya tonne of bricks from above...

Might, depends on how the company is structered. Anglian has a head office but all the branches are franchises, head office don't give a fig about the franchises let alone the customers.

That's also assuming that the salesteam is in house. Not likely these days it will be outsourced to a call center and what the salesteam actually get up to won't be reported back...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Sorry to hear your bad news .

A simple "not in the least interested" then hang up as soon as you realise it is a sales call would have done .

Don't wait for him to take "no" for an answer just hang-up.

You owe these people nothing, no need to stay on the line to 'be polite' etc, (although there is no need to be out and out rude - blowing whistles down the line, swearing at them etc) just hang up.

Can you detect a trend here ? Hang-up so you don't get stressed, and live longer

Reply to
soup

Lot of companys have a well founded fear of Twitter, suggest to unwanted ca llers that you will be publishing the details of their insensitivity via Fa cebook and Twitter and inviting the internet at large to contact the compan y and its directors personally about the matter, Provide all phone ,fax and email details you can.

Other internet researchers will dig up employee details , personal mobiles and home addresses.

Here would be a good place to start , Who was the company? Any person to as k for by name?

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

In message , Adam Aglionby writes

I was not in a good place to remember the exact wording of the conversation, although my initial account was fairly accurate. If, when, I get any more calls I will be prepared to make a better record and if they are as upsetting and as insensitive at the last then I shall not hesitate in forwarding details here,there and everywhere else. They have one last chance to be understanding before being told what I think of double glazing salesmen.

I can always, somewhat unrealistically, that they have marked the account not to be called.

In the mean time I will not, nor have any intention to, be climbing any very high Himalayan mountains :-)

Reply to
Bill

More bad news. Telesales droids can vote - and serve on juries.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

on 1/20/2015, michael adams supposed :

Who needs an excuse, just give them a barrage of Anglo Saxon and drop the line before they think up a reply...

Do they deserve any manners?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield