sealing putty tele ad

Can someone tell me what that putty stuff advertised on the tele for leaking pipes is and where it was sold.Urgently need some.

Reply to
Justine Time

Plastic Padding Leak Fix is the one usually found available. Halfords, and any DIY source.

Reply to
Ericp

It's an epoxy putty. Sold as a bar that you cut a bit off, knead plaster into place. It sets in

10-15 minutes. Also sold in pre-cut chunks.

You can get it in B&Q and other DIY sheds. Our local hardware shop sells it. Some sticks are copper coloured to match copper pipe. Others are light blue, terracotta or brown.

Reply to
Steve Firth

OK... Seems I already have some of that stuff. I thought the stuff I saw advertised was different in as much as you could apply to a dripping joint. Didn't take a lot of notice to the Ad as I never had a problem till now. Thanks

Reply to
Justine Time

Tele? Wossa tele? Some sort of duck, innit? Or do you mean telly?

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

"Tele" short for television. "Telly" short for tellytubby ;)

Reply to
Justine Time