adhesive for stickin metal fire trim to render

Hello,
Can someone advise on what adhesive I need for sticking a steel fire trim to fireproof render? This will be the only means of securing the trim in place; I'm not looking for something that's only a sealant.
Someone recommended Everflex Heat Mate sealant, but I don't think this is the right thing, given that it's marketed as a sealant and more importantly the manufacturer says it's not recommended for stone. (<http://www.everbuild.co.uk/heat-mate ).
I'd like something I can put a couple of beads of onto the three sides of the fire trim before fitting; hold the trim in place with some wood or whatever; and then remove the wood and the trim stays where it is! I know of several products I could then use for sealing, but it's the sticking I haven't worked out yet!
Many thanks in advance.
Harry

Just in case this isn't enough information: the trim will be around the fireplace opening for an unenclosed solid-fuel fire.
Harry
Harold Davis wrote:

No experience of it, but this sounds up to the job
<http://www.fortafix.com/fiborclad.html
"Our products are supplied to many industrial users as well as well-known household names such as Aga Cookers and Baxi Heating"
There are a couple of reasons why all this may not last long. First is the different expansion rates of the two materials you are trying to attach to each other, the other is that one assumes the fireproof render is at the end of the day m basically cement, which is not strong for anything but compression, it might just separate from itself and come away on the trim after a while. I'm pretty sure when I last looked, which was admittedly a long time ago now, that most of this sort of thing was actually attached when the render was being applied or it was screwed through the render to the wall underneath. That is not to say of course that a wonder material has not appeared more recently! Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Andy Burns" < snipped-for-privacy@adslpipe.co.uk> wrote in message
On Tuesday, 20 January 2015 00:16:46 UTC, Harold Davis wrote:

Could you screw magnets into the render, then the trim would hold itself on by magicnetism?
Owain

Thanks for this.
The trim is decorative. The front face of the chimney breast has been covered with heatproof render (Vitcas) and then 'tiled' on top with 20mm thick brick slips secured with adhesive (Nicobond Quickfix). I have left some leeway at the edges of the fireplace opening, about 25mm each side, and was planning to pack that area with render to leave a flat surface a few mm away from where the trim will go.
I'm no expert, but I have to question what you say about nothing sticking to render other than plaster. The manufacturers of Nicobond Quickfix say it will stick to render:
http://nichollsandclarke.com/uploads/fab70f1d614a0645ce3a52029ce459d9.pdf
and I've found many positive reviews saying it has been fine for doing what I've done or similar.
They also say it will stick to steel when mixed with an enhancer (?). Maybe I should use render to make a surface under where the trim will go and then butter both trim and that surface with (enhanced) Quickfix? The thought hadn't occurred to me before. The problem is that whereas it can take the heat that will be experienced by the chimney breast, I am not sure whether it could withstand the higher temperatures experienced by the trim.
Harry