IOS 7

The sniping at MS in the Windows 8 thread makes me want to weep.

A few weeks back I foolishly updated my iPhone 4s to IOS 7. What a f*****g disaster.

It wont download the music from the PC to the phone.

It won't download books to the phone so I downloaded the Audible app which works, sort of, except it stops after 20 minutes.

It now wont sync the computer and the phone but freezes the whole computer if I try, requiring a hard re-set, and if anyone knows a slower piece of so ftware than iTunes which takes forever to load, even on a brand new machine with Windows 7 and loads of ram, don't let me know.

When I replaced my iPhone last year I got no option but to upgrade iTunes. It was that or nothing. I was loathe to do so because on one of their previ ous upgrades it re-arranged all my music files and playlists.

I've erased and downloaded all relevant files twice all to no avail.

I've tried loads of the solutions suggested in on line forums. Wadste of ti me.

Regularly when I want to depress myself I have another Google for help on t his problem. At least I'm not alone. There appears to be a legion of people with these problems.

Anybody want to buy an iPhone 4s ?

Reply to
fred

Nope.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No most people just hate the new IOS7s new colours and fonts. Its very hard to see even for the sighted. I understand that there may well be a new version out soon with choices of old and new look. What I can never understand no matter who makes it is why a working configuration has to be altered and c*ck everything up. I mean, if they said we are happy with this, now will will just improve what needs it and leave the rest alone. BBrian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Despite your glowing recommendation, I'm going to have to say no.

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

Yes please. How much memory? What sort of condition?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

fred :

A few weeks ago I updated my iPhone 4s to IOS 7. It all went perfectly and I'm pleased with the new features.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

snip woe.

Buy a 5 and it will all be fixed.

I am happy with android myself.

Reply to
dennis

I'm happier without a mobile phone at all.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I haven't upgraded mine yet (always wait and see for a bit) but I noticed that 7.03 seems to just have been released - a few days ago, so presumably not the version you upgraded to. Maybe it's worth giving that a go in case it fixes the problem.

Reply to
GMM

fred formulated the question :

My iPhone 4S is still running iOS 6.0 purely because it works and I believe in the old mantra "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Reply to
Steve