Installing oven

By interlock do you mean the switch on the front that only allows the use of the grill and top oven element at the same time?:-)

Reply to
ARW

Yup.

Reply to
John Rumm

I'm fed from an unusual looking transformer in a roadside cabinet and I get a constant true 245V RMS

Reply to
Graham.

So you might get another 60W out of it ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I felt obliged to look on Screwfix to check, but irrespective of the regulations surrounding cooker switches, all the ones I saw were DP (dual/double pole) switching.

Reply to
Fredxxx

I was referring to switching off the *circuit*.

I.e. if you forgo having a cooker switch, and rely on being able to turn off the MCB for the circuit, then you won't have a way of isolating the appliance fully.

i.e. you should have an isolation switch (and yes they will be DP)

Reply to
John Rumm