install new consumer unit??

Hi i have at the moment a very old fuse box with 5 cartridge fuses,

with a red push button which was for the shower but now not used an two blanks & no cover and with the fuses exposed ,touch and you woul get a jolt, i accidently did once when i was flicking a switch on m other fuse box for the storage heaters so i want to make it safer .

What i got is the mains coming from my key meter box to a 80A/240v RCC (BS 4293) then into my fuse box which i read that this is now no permitted under regs , So can i trip the RCCB and unconnect the old bo plus take out the storage heater fuse box which i no longer need as have now got central heating and install a new consumer unit ie:

is this one more suitable

can any one recomend a unit that i should use?

which i hope i can install a new circuit from one of the 32A fuseway to a 30-ma RCD leading on to a 1/2 way small comsumer unit to provid power to my shed outside and earthed using a earth core. Switch on the RCCB to restore power and then contact a professiona electrician to come round and wire the mains from my key meter straigh into my new consumer unit taking out the RCCB ,Job done Am i right in thinking how this is to be done or have i missed anythin any advise is welcome many thank

-- razerindemix

Reply to
razerindemix