Incorrect Wiring - What danger

Uh? Such a confused man.

Since when has mineral insulated cable been T&E? They are "very" different. This one is confused. He hasn't a clue what mineral insulated cable is. Hint: it is found in boiler rooms.

It is plain you haven't a clue about electrical installations. Sad but true. I don't need to learn anything from you, least of all the lieks of you.

BTW, how many times have the fire brigade been around to your house lately? A walking disaster area!!!!

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

MICC can be found anywhere, it's use is not just for 'high risk' areas such as boiler rooms, petrol forecourts and the such, MICC can be used as part of a ring circuit were additional protection is required and it's cost effectiveness would be a saving in installing conduit - even if it was possible to use conduit.

More like incapable of learning anything, you make Frank Spencer look knowledgeable !

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

What you say is very true and I think it refreshing that you are coming out stuff and the likes. But!!! I have "never" seen MICC in a domestic house, making your contribution irrelevant. Sad but true. But do not let this irrelevant contribution of yours deter you. Keep on trying.

It would be very nice if could teach me sopmething, but so far you and the other loonies who are on this ng have taught me ziltch, and I doubt that you wever will teach me anything of any sort in the future. Sad but true.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Perhaps it's you who needs to keep trying by opening your eyes then !

Like I said, you are incapable of learning, that is why you have to cut and paste from manufactures web sites....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

I cut and paste so that the likes of you can learn. And what web site do you refer? I might be able to help you with your poor comprehension.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

If you say so, yes. Make sure yon have fire alarms in the house.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Finally? youre too kind.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

How exactly does your ignorance of the existence of MICC in domestic houses make this point irrelevant?

True it is... but not for the reasons IMM thinks.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

The present government was responsible for for a fairly major clear-out of obsolete legislation in 1998:

Andy Wade

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Well, at least you admit that you do, although the more usual way to quote web sites is to include a short quote and the URL it was taken from.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Which of my two points are you referring to there? The load assessment & floor area point is certainly a safety matter.

The use of non-standard circuits in a domestic installation arguably is too, because, although the designer/installer may have known what they were doing, someone else picking up the maintenance at a later date will not expect to find bizarre wiring and may fail to understand all the implications of any changes they plan to make, (etc. etc.).

Unusual or non-standard arrangements should at least be documented in detail on the electrical installation certificate.

Reply to
Andy Wade

"An Acte concernyng the attaynder of John Wolff his wyffe and others" [1533] and "An Act to inflict Pains and Penalties on Francis Lord Bishop of Rochester" [1722] !

When you look at all the ones for which it says "delete the words from ..." and suchlike it is a pity that they didn't just repeal the whole of the original, passing a new one that contained what is still required and nothing else. I remember from my BCO days having various Acts and the Regs themselves full of insertions, deletions and marginal notes reflecting subsequent changes in other legislation.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

And in my conservatory. Hint: Don't cut it with a hacksaw. It requires a modicum of skill to terminate.

What's a liek? How come you claim to know about computers, but not how to use a spell checker?

Never. But then if I'm not sure about how to do something I'll ask and learn from here. Before doing it - not after like you and the incident with using a hacksaw on plastic pipe. Any fool knows that isn't the way to do it. Which makes you an any fool minus.

Did the fire brigade charge after sorting your flood?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'm not surprised you've never seen it used in a domestic situation given your propensity to do things on the cheap.

It's by far the neatest exposed wiring. Not quite as strong as steel conduit - that you'd use in a serious home workshop - but ideal in a conservatory or greenhouse.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

alternatives.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In your conservatory? What overkill. How ridiculous in domestic house.

I don't believe you.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

You are supposed to put industrial cables in domestic houses? This one is confused.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Be nice if a HINT could be put in the FAQ about feeding Trolls on this otherwise helpful newsgroup, the lower signal to noise ratio would benefit everyone. :-)

Reply to
F-Red

You don't understand 'neat' then? Of course not, with all those combis scattered around your house.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)