I'm not getting anything

Page 1 of 2
Nothing has come through on d-i-y since 20 November and then only a reply from Roger to something about CH.
Not even a brief post I sent.
Please can someone let me know if this has arrived, by mail if necessary.
snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk

Thanks to those who mailed.
I have to tell you all, admit - confess, very 'umbly - that for some reason I'd changed the settings to some kind of alphabetical order ...
<slinks away>
Mary
On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 20:54:09 -0000, "Mary Fisher"

Let me see if I can paraphrase the situation you faced......
You aren't getting any. For some reason whatever it was you were attempting to get it from you decided to change the settings. I don't quite understand the bit about alphabetical order so you'll have to explain that further I think.
Which all goes to show - if it ain't broke don't fix it! ;)
The important thing for the listeners of this thread is that you are now getting it again, or so it seems...... ;)
PoP

reason
Well ...

No, I didn't make a conscious decision. However, I'm only human (despite opinions to the contrary) and anyone can make a mistake. It only needs a misplaced finger.

Oh, don't worry your pretty little head about it (I'm quoting something else I don't understand ... )

I prefer, "If it ain't broke - break it." Sums me up anyway.

Yes and I'm very grateful. I was experiencing withdrawal symptoms and only the memory of the Northern Meet (at which you were mentioned) satisfied me.
Oh joy ...
But as you say, it's all here again and I can sleep easy in my bed.
Mary

wrote:> > >I have to tell you all, admit - confess, very 'umbly - that for some

Are we talking about DIY here or....
Let me rephrase that...
errrrrmm...
This is all very confusing and has nothing whatsoever to do with caustic soda does it?

only
me.
Well, I was beginning to wonder too ... according to some on this ng a woman can come to a lot of harm with NaOH.
I never did :-(
But there most certainly wasn't any funny stuff on Saddleworth Moor.
Mary

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 23:56:25 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
There was about 40 years ago. However that's far from a joking matter for the parents of the children concerned, and may the perpetrators of those nasty deeds rot in hell for eternity.
PoP

I know what you mean. Hearing the test of the siren for Broadmoor every Monday morning at 1000 is a reminder of it housing some of the most unpleasant people from our society.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andy Hall wrote in message ...

Maybe they'll put smokers there.

A brave man replied:

And I'll second the proposition.
Mary

We hear the siren too. I've always wondered just how effective it really is.
If one of the divots got out of Broadmoor I don't know that the sirens would do much good for the local population. It feels like a hangover from the last great war where sirens would sound to alert the people to an impending bombing raid.
Someone who had been inside Broadmoor (as a staff member, not a resident!) told me once that they have to be really careful where the inmates are concerned. Some of them know how to twist your mind etc. Reminds me of Silence Of The Lambs.
PoP

When I hear test sirens it still has a chilling effect on me ...

Mary>
On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 17:10:15 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
You surely aren't old enough to hear the 2nd World War sirens?
Oops! Sorry, a bit too much wine with my evening meal tonight. I really shouldn't be asking a lady about her age......hic! ;)
PoP

I am.

Ah but, as I've said many times, I'm not a lady. Don't apologise.
I was born in 1939 - before the war began. I didn't know anything else. I think of that when I hear of wars in other countries which have gone on for, sometimes, generations. It's the only way of life some people know - and not just children.
There, that should sober you. It takes the zest off my Muscadet ...
Mary

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 20:35:10 -0000, "Mary Fisher"

1939. Quick mental calculation.......21 again :)

You leave your muscadet alone. He's done nothing to hurt you..... ;)
PoP

for,
not
x 3 + 1
There's no way I'd go back to being 21. Mind you, I wouldn't mind being able to do time trials still.

No, that's the arthritis :-(
Mary

I know. I can never pass that area on the M62 without a cold feeling.
It's worse, of course, when on the Moor - but you can't keep away from an area because of its horrific history, there'd be nowhere left to go.

Indeed, I think of them often.
Mary

There must have been, my mother was born that way on, in the early years of the last centaury.It's as close as you can get to being a Yorkshire woman. ;-)
Dave

of
Mine was born around that time but in Harrogate. Not the place one usually associates with that sort of funny stuff ...
She's still alive but now lives at the other side of the hill. Now there's a funny thing!
Mary

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 22:53:02 -0000, "Mary Fisher"

Oo-err!
Ah, foundation hospitals and all that.

Thought my ears were burning. Oh well, off for another identity change I suppose.....
PoP