How to white-out a window whilst decorating?

You do not see it so much these days, but in the past it was common to white-out a window in the absence of curtains whilst decorating etc was undertaken.

How was this done? IIRC the coating was easily wiped off. Was it some type of whitewash?

TIA for any pointers.

Reply to
jim

A thin coating of Angel Delight.

Reply to
dom

Seriously? Windolene.....

Reply to
John

Powdered Whiting, but I can't think where you would find it these days.

Reply to
Jim White

In message , Jim White writes

Gardeners use something for whiting out greenhouse glass. Garden centre?

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Greenhouse, er, stuff?

Reply to
PeterC

It begs the question Why ?

Never had a problem letting people watch me decorating!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

You are the "nude decorator"* AICMFP?

Robin

Nick

Reply to
Nick Leverton

I used that last year to try to prevent my conservatory from overheating. I took months to get the last traces off.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Only once ...

Reply to
geoff

Correct. My wife paints her greenhouse with it each summer.

Reply to
Huge

> Does he do angle grinding ?

A chef as well apparently.... could add a new dimension to the term getting a little behind in his orders!

Reply to
John Rumm

>>> Does he do angle grinding ?

"Another sausage, Madam ?"

Nick

Reply to
Nick Leverton

Windolene most people use. You could use the coolglass paint for greenhouses ... it will brush off afterwards

Reply to
Rick Hughes

No, it raises the question.

Reply to
Bob Martin

On a sunny day painting white on white is a nightmare knowing wher you have done already or where you have missed a bit. Whitening the windows gives y ou a very diffuse light in the room and that is a big help - that's why whi tening is a great idea. Knothing to do with privacy!

Cheers Jonathan

Reply to
jonathan.siddall

Where are all these older messages coming from all of a sudden? Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Groups google.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

More particularly, why are these fatheads answering them? Perhaps I should KF anyone posting from google groups.

Reply to
Tim Streater