How much to dilute bleach

Want to get the mould off some stone work and paving slabs.

Using standard household bleach from the supermarket, what is the best ratio to dilute it with water?

Since I read somewhere, a time ago; that *undiluted* actually is not as effective as diluted to a certain extent. Thanks.

Reply to
Dave West

Full strength is best for that

NT

Reply to
meow2222

And this act will probably kill any garden where the run off goes. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

You will do better to go down the builders merchant and get a can of algy killer. More effective and the effect lasts a bit longer. But it will come back in the end.

Ring up first, you will get a better price.

Reply to
harry

BTW the stuff will kill it but it won't just vanish, you will still have to clean it off. (Pressure washer).

Reply to
harry

What happens to hypochlorite when it dries? Maybe it never does, and carries on attracting moisture. Certainly has a high PH for some reason. Sheer laziness on my part. I should read up but I probably won't understand what I'm reading.

Reply to
stuart noble

use it neat

Reply to
Rick Hughes

That's neat, that's neat, that's neat, that's neat I really love your tiger feet, I really love your tiger feet

(Apologies)

Reply to
polygonum

I don't know about what happens in a lab, but in the environment, it will probably end up as oxygen, salt, or chlorine (which is only a problem in large quantities).

Reply to
Martin Bonner

probably end up as oxygen, salt, or chlorine (which is only a problem in large quantities).

I believe that's basically true, though wikipedia suggests you can also get some chlorate.

Reply to
docholliday93

The chlorine gas is evolved/dissipates and you are left with just water and a salt finally. Which can be beneficial in some cases.

Reply to
harry

ok. Cheers

Reply to
stuart noble

d household bleach from the supermarket, what is the best ratio to dilute i t with water? Since I read somewhere, a time ago; that *undiluted* actually is not as effective as diluted to a certain extent. Thanks.

Be careful using bleach as it will bleach the paving stones. Patio cleaner is best, though vinegar is cheaper.

Bleach is a good cheap weed killer.

Reply to
zaax