how to: kill grass between paving stone

Hwlo, just wondering what is a cheap and easy way to kill the grass growing up between paving stone in my patio? I tried pulling it out but is is difficult. thanx

Reply to
not Steve Buscemi

Roundup works well. You have to be careful not to use it when rain is forecast for a couple of days, and prevent "bleeding" of the spray onto surrounding greenery.

Reply to
Lost-In-Translation

Roundup, Rainsafe in 1 Hr , not days. Cover plants nearby , dont use when windy.

Reply to
m Ransley

used DOT 3 Brake Fluid works great.....

Reply to
ken

Reply to
nospambob

Yes, that and don't do it on a windy day. Not even the slightest breeze.

Reply to
JennP

Spread a tarp over it for a couple weeks. Or, spray it with kerosene and burn it--this will produce lots of smoke. You could burn it with a propane torch, for much less smoke.

Reply to
Phisherman

More selective? What does that have to do with killing vegetation between pavers, when he just wants to kill everything?

Reply to
Chet Hayes

Boiling water, it strips the"wax" from the leaves and the plant dies.

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

Train your dog to pee on them.

No dog? Well have a few beers and I bet you can come up with a method.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I've had excellent success with WD-40

Reply to
Dave in Columbus

Boiling water. Be careful.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

If you wish to be a little more environmentally friendly and save money as well, you can get gallon jugs of "Liquid Edger" for cheaper than a small can of WD-40.

Reply to
Bruce

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

You just reminded me of the simplest procedure. Put a clear plastic sheet over it for an hour or so in direct sunlight and you will have cooked the plants. No cost, no mess, no problem.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Go to google.com and search for "JT850"

They work great for this purpose.

BB

Reply to
BinaryBillTheSailor

I heard that vinegar will do the trick. Haven't verified it however.

Mort

Reply to
Mort Guffman

Best solution is Triox, which will not only kill what's there, but also give season long protection from new weeds.

Reply to
Chet Hayes

Except for the plastic sheet. I find that I can get weed and grass killer at the discount table at the local retailer for $5. Small bottle that makes many gallons. Spend the $5 and save yourself the trouble.

Reply to
Jim Sullivan