HOW MUCH? Part-P and new sockets in kitchen costs

With a date-code before part-P came in?

Reply to
Andy Burns

There is no date code on it that I can see. Only the brand name on the insulation. I think it's pre-2000 cable as it was my missus' ex's who was a sparkie and they split in 2000.

Reply to
Jon

Like for like replacement, innit. Even in kitchens and bathrooms that's non-notifiable.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It's ironic how my missus' ex was a qualified sparkie ... but before we moved out of the last house which they lived together in previously, I had to cable in a new circuit for the existing electric shower. The not-so-bright sparkie had taken the feed for the shower off the cooker main. The cooker in the house at the time was gas, but if the person buying the house (a single mum in the end) brought in an electric cooker and her son had a shower when she was cooking tea ... I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing I'd sold someone a house that had potentially dangerous wiring, even thought it wasn't my work.

This is why I D-I-Y. Just because a "pro" does the work doesn't mean it's of a certain standard.

Jon

Reply to
Jon

I could have got the wrong end of the stick here but, assuming the cooker and shower were wired in parallel(I believe the term would be radial circuit), all with the correct wire size,with good joints and the correct fuse, all that should happen is that the fuse would blow leaving both the cooker and shower dead. Not that I think it's exactly good practice to do (saving up agro for later).

Martin

Reply to
Martin Warby