How much is tile adhesive by you?

Its dear by me so I've come up with a cheaper alternative and you get more out of it,plus it sticks tiles rock solid.

A bag of drywall plaster at 4.90GBP

Reply to
George

Not as cheap as Pritt-Sitck at 1.99

Reply to
jg374

Not waterproof though. Can you get waterproof plaster ? Why not use cement like they used to ? I guess plasterboard adhesive would be even stickier, and is not much more expensive. It's not at all flexible though, so no good on wooden floors, wobbly walls etc. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Don't be silly

Reply to
Stuart Noble

I'd of thought the water proof grout would seal the backing,but anyway this DWA will bond to the tile rock solid.

No

Might as well use DWA works out the same price.

I did mean Dry wall adhesive sorry...the white stuff that stinks.

Reply to
George

I'm not,you ever used the drywall adhesive? drys like concrete and has good suction bonding.

Reply to
George

Mmm, Ive got two bags left after dot n dabbing the extension, and I've a new bathroom planned, :-)

Reply to
Staffbull

Agreed. Some very knowledgeable & qualified people spend years carefully formulating a product like tile adhesive & testing it. If drywall adhesive was suitable they would sell it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

They do. You can buy it in most Builders and DIY suppliers.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer