Wall Tile Adhesive

Hi Folks,

I hope that somebody can help me with this problem.

In the bathroom of my Uncle's house 2 colums of tiles buckled and I pulled them off before they fell. I would like to put them back on the wall as they are in good order, except that they have the tile adhesive on the back of them.

Is there any easy way of getting this adhesive off? I tried a bit of scraping but I did not want to put too much pressure on the tile in case it cracked. Is there any way of softening the adhesive?

Many thanks

Jack

Reply to
Jack

I had exactly the same thing happen in my bathroom the other day. Although I have a quantity of spare tiles I thought I might try to reuse the old ones (to save a lot of cutting if nothing else!).

I simply soaked the tiles (face down) in cold water for a couple of hours, and the adhesive came away quite easily with a scraper and a nailbrush.

Obviously it'll all depend on the type of adhesive.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Try soaking them in hot water and detergent for a couple of hours

Reply to
Stuart Noble

As above, soak or steam it off. A

Reply to
Andy Dee

Many thanks for the suggestions guys - I should be able to try them this weekend.

Regards

Jack

Reply to
Jack