How can a student like me eat Weetabix every day?

Camberwell Carrot, huge spliff from Withnail and I

Reply to
Andy Burns

"Camberwell carrot" is the name of the enormous spliff rolled using 12 rolling papers, by Danny the dealer in the film Withnail and I. His explanation for the name is that "I invented it in Camberwell and it looks like a carrot".

Reply to
Ron Lowe

You know, few people actually enjoy washing up, it's one of the things we have to do to maintain an acceptable standard of living. I bet your mum did it for you for the first however many years of your life. She did far worse things for you too. You have perhaps another 60 years ahead of you, have you worked out how you'll spend them without washing up?

You don't need a plate for Nutrigrain bars.

Why disposable?

Do you use disposable containers for your other meals?

It takes all sorts ...

Excuses! You admitted that you hate washing up.

Go to a camping shop, buy a cheap metal dish, get the technology dept to drill a hole in the rim and put a cord through it, you can then keep it attached to your person. Lick it clean after your breakfast then you won't need the sink.

Hygiene? You're a STUDENT for goodness' sake, you're not supposed to care about hygiene!

Give it up then you won't be asking dumb questions. If you can't think straight about something as simple as breakfast you won't deserve your degree - although you'll probably get it in Our Glorious Leader's education aspirational world.

Which makes me wonder - the other 50% must get put on the scrap heap ...

Mary Mrs Fisher to you.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Oo-er Mrs!

:_)

Reply to
Tim

Dwahling T i m , I didn't mean you!

Just smelly, scruffy, idle, semi-literate students!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Yes. More nutritious.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , snipped-for-privacy@inbox.com writes

You eat cake in the morning and can't be bothered washing a few dishes.

Can I suggest you get ONE universal bowl. That way you wash it either before or after each use and dishes don't pile up. Spoken by a true bachelor. ;)

I've got a friend who just keeps on using a new coffee mug every time. His main room is like a carpet of coffee mugs. I think he might be on this group too.......

Oh yeah... And don't do this......

might break your bowl.

Reply to
Clive Mitchell

In message , Mary Fisher writes

Oh yeah? Women maybe, but then I guess they have to do something with their dull and unproductive life while the men are out building the world.

Meeeeeow! :)

being a single man, my large flat is so cluttered with gadgets that there's not even enough room to push a vacuum cleaner through it. I find it a very acceptable standard of living.

Reply to
Clive Mitchell

In message , Mary Fisher writes

No really, just voice your thoughts. Don't feel you need to hold back just because of us.

They're the future scientists apparently. Once they've finished their degree in socio-political ergonomics or something equally as useless.

Reply to
Clive Mitchell

Simple, get one of those domestic appliances that does it for you... If if you don't want a wife, then get a dishwasher!

Reply to
John Rumm

Ah! Thanks. I enjoyed the film but obviously wasn't paying attention

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Bringing together two stands of this thread, get a cat.

Each morning pick cereal bowl up off surface fill with weetabix and milk eat weetabix put the bowl down on surface go out cat will lick the bowl clean

Reply to
OG

Oh, thank you - your blessing is appreciated :-)

I hope they are future scientists. Some might be. There's a shortage.

The science students I know don't worry about washing up.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In this house Spouse usually does the washing up ...

woof woof!

Um. a vacuum cleaner is a gadet, innit?

Invented by a man, I suspect.

I sweep the floors - saves energy.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In message , John writes

Hell no! I just get a warm feeling inside, every morning, when I think of the regular employment I am providing for the little man who makes disposable plates.

What? You obviously don't have bin police in your area. 'Ello, 'ello, wassis then guv? Dead cats in yer bin? Carn't 'ave that y'know. .

Reply to
Graeme

Hmm. Still taste better than Weetabix, even if you don't bother to skin 'em first. The cats, not the Weetabix. On second thoughts ...

Reply to
Graeme

Because we feel sorry for the student counselling service who'd have to cope with the aftermath.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

There's nothing wrong with Weetabix - with cinnamon sprinkled generously on top.

Yummy!

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Q. Why do brides wear white?

A. To match the other domestic appliances

Reply to
Andy Hall

What does WIFE stand for? Washing, Ironing, Food, Etc

Reply to
John Rumm