How can a student like me eat Weetabix every day?

In message , Mary Fisher writes

If they were real scientists they could make a nitrating solution and treat the paper plates in it before use.

That way all the washing up could be done in a flash.

(Yeah, it requires scientific knowledge to appreciate that joke.)

Reply to
Clive Mitchell

Owain typed

definately (sic)

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Owain saying something like:

Heh. Reminds me of the student in Aberdeen who lived on porridge for a term. Carted off to the ED suffering from malnutrition, iirc.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

It could have been bacterial, if he didn't thoroughly clean the porridge drawer at the end of each term.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Assuming he took them with milk which is the traditional way he should have survived quite well. Proper porridge of course - not the ready rubbish.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

you could perhaps dunk the weetabix as you would a biscuit in your tea if you bought milk in cartons and openend them all the way across the top. Or perhaps cut the weetabix's in half lenghtways first so you could fit them through the top of a bottle. So many possibilites!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Good. Does she know how to wash up though?

Bet she does!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Quite.

There's also a lack of capitals.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

:-)

But what about the next day?

Some of us do have it ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Owain saying something like:

Hoyuss, very important is porridge drawer hygiene and lining the drawer with greaseproof paper, not old copies of the Sun.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

or even the Sunday Post.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

ED?

Erectile Dysfunction??

What's that to do with porridge?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I think it depends how stiff you make it.

Reply to
mike

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember mike saying something like:

Mary's probably had her moments...

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

You know students... always keen to get their oats.

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes, when we go camping, that's one of her chores. At home she knows how to load the dishwasher. ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

"Dave Plowman (News)" typed

I think he had scurvy...

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

In message , Owain writes

Or the knife used to cut it into slices.

Reply to
Clive Mitchell

She obviously has wise parents. I wish her well.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

And she will clearly expect her 'wise parents' to supply her with a flat that has a dishwasher.

Wasn't like that in my day

Rob (now an qualified OF)

Reply to
robgraham