Hotpoint RFA 70 power

The Hotpoint RFA70 blew a fuse today and tripped the breaker. I changed to a new 13amp fuse and pushed nack the breaker, but still no power to the fridge. Any suggestions?

Reply to
nedtrilby

buy a new fridge,

fuses dont usually blow for no reason, compressor motors probably shorted out.

Reply to
gazz

Is there power to the socket? If so, it sounds like something else has blown in the fridge, which is not unexpected given it passed enough current to blow the fuse and breaker. (What was the breaker rating, out of interest?)

I once had a 15W pigmy (oven) lamp blow. This blew the oven fuse (13A) and the 32A MCB. I wasn't present when it went, but it had clearly done so quite explosively. First problem was that it had blown the glass cover cross-threaded, and there was no way it would unscrew. I had to take the whole oven out and take the lamp out from the back. When I got the cover off, the bulb was quite spectacular. The bulb was all shattered, but completely held in shape by the filament which had stretched and melted to the inside of the bulb in hundreds of places. The springyness of the filament was holding all the pieces together very well. You could push on the bulb and deform it, but it sprung back to the right shape.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel