Hot water problem....grrr

Says it all...

Combi installations don't usually suffer from airlocks, as there's mains pressure behind every tap. It may be that the stopcock isn't fully open and is restricting the flow (presuming you've got mains feed to the taps all through the house, as with the usual combi installation) since you turned it off to change the tap washer? The initial pressure will come back up to what's in the mains, albeit slowly, every time you turn the tap off (through the restriction), and drop again when it's opened, leaving you with the disappointing dribble that'll pass through the restriction. If you're really unlucky, the stopcock may have broken inside with the "puck" on the end of the spindle jammed against the seating (more likely if it's been fitted the wrong way round with respect to the flow, which normally will push it off the seat) - if so you will need to either get the water company out to turn the street c*ck off while you replace it, or get/make a tool to do it yerself...

I personally *hate* combi boilers, never been to a house with one where you can rely on not being alternately scalded and frozen in the shower!

Hope this helps, Dave H. (The engineer formerly known as Homeless)

Reply to
Dave H.

Hey all..

Wonder if anyone can help...

When i turn on my hot bath tap (how rude) the water comes out ver slowly but hot...and if i turn on the basin tap with it, the hot bat tap stops.!

Then, when i switch on the basin tap or kitchen tap it stops the ho water altogether and it does the same when i turn on the kitchen ta then the bath or basin hot tap

Think its an airlock but i obviously am not getting rid of it right.

If i turn on one tap very quickly, i get normal pressure for 2 seconds ..then back to a dribble....

Its a combi..Vokera Maxim.

No work been done recently....apart from a tap washer being changed

-- Nico_2t

Reply to
Nico_2t

Hey all..

Wonder if anyone can help...

When i turn on my hot bath tap (how rude) the water comes out VER slowly but hot...and if i turn on the basin tap with it, the hot bat tap stops.!

Then, when i switch on the basin tap or kitchen tap it stops the ho water altogether and it does the same when i turn on the kitchen ta then the bath or basin hot tap

Think its an airlock but i obviously am not getting rid of it right.

If i turn on one tap very quickly, i get normal pressure for 2 seconds ..then back to a dribble....

Its a combi..Vokera Maxim.

No work been done recently....apart from a tap washer being changed

-- Nico_2t

Reply to
Nico_2t

Thanx for your reply...

Stop c*ck is fine and all the cold water taps are working great wit great flow...its just the hot ones...

So, should the pressure in the hot taps come back to normal after while?

I take it there is no point in me keeping the taps running to speed th process up?

Thanx again for your help..much appreciate

-- Nico_2t

Reply to
Nico_2t