Honeywell 2 port valve heads

As a keen home woodworker, I'm experimenting with home made motorised blast gates for a dust connection system and am looking for some of the above as actuators.

Any of you handyman/ plumber types that might have some scrap one in your junk boxes please? Often these fail due to damaged microswitches and I don't need this to be working and I don't need the valve body either. I'd obviously cover your postage costs and slip in a modest beer voucher as a thank you.

Thanks in advance

Bob email address suitably modified will reach me.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

In article , Bob Minchin writes

All in use here I'm afraid.

If you're stuck, these aren't bad as pattern equivalents at 30quid:

In case you don't already know, the actuator output socket relies on the device (valve or other) spindle for support and will not work without it.

Reply to
fred

Have you thought about servo's? cheaply available from hobby type shops, or ebay, available in loads of different torque values, easy to connect to things with linkages and so on, and easy to operate, an arduino could programmed and used to monitor which machines are in use (thinking current transformers) and alter the blast gates to suit,

Reply to
Gazz

Thanks for the ideas,

I already have CTs fitted to turn on the extractor when the machine come on. If it works, my plan will be to use the spring return of the valve head to shut a butterfly gate and drive the valve motor direct from the machine motor switch to open it.

I've got arduinos doing jobs in electrically quieter parts of the house on renewable energy management but the workshop has high power inverters and all sort of other electrically noisy stuff. Some other CMOS logic in the workshop is already a bit sensitive to spikes so trying to keep this fairly simple if poss.

Cheers

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Thanks Fred, yes there will be an equivalent support spindle in the blast gate to support the actuator.

I'd seen the toolstation ones thanks just trying to eek out my pension by scrounging first lol

I know we have a few handyman types and plumbers on here who may well have used ones in their scrap.

Cheers

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

ahhhh, i forgot about noisy electrical environments and arduino's,

we're having that problem at our hackspace with the arduino controlled RFID reader on the laser cutter (to ensure only authorised/trained people use it, and to keep track of usage to bill the users for the time they use the laser for)

When ever the tig welder is used whilst the laser cutter is in operation the arduino crashes and shuts the laser down, pretty annoying when your near the end of a full A0 sheet of parts being engraved and cut out.

Having to screen all cables, mount all electronics in metal enclosures fully earth bonded, moved the laser power sockets to the phase the tig welder does not use (the Tig is a fairly large 2 phase machine) and moved the laser as far away from the tig as possible, and it still occasionally takes the RFID reader out,

Reply to
Gazz

In article , Gazz writes

That's certainly a hostile environment.

Maybe consider using the arduino for authentication and to initiate a cycle then maintain the auth in clunky relay logic which resets at the end of a cycle (end of power use).

As an aside, for EMC testing I have always made my own cables with full

360deg screen bond at connectors and a bit of conductive epoxy or tape to guarantee the bond between parts. Testers love to zap connector shields at the ESD phase and that is the way I have managed to keep an unconcerned look on my face and a satisfied smirk off theirs.
Reply to
fred