Hi-visibility Ribbon

Hi folks, anyone know where I can buy some high visibility ribbon, the type sewn on jackets and things. I have searched and found no where that supplies just the ribbon, only the jackets, vests and things.

Thanks in advance for your help on this one.

Reply to
BigWallop

It used to be all made by Scotch. You could try that as a start...

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Chesters

I used to sell it when I ran a motorcycle shop, try one.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Add 3M retroreflective and tape to the google mix and several likely looking links pop up.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

"BigWallop" wrote | Hi folks, anyone know where I can buy some high visibility | ribbon, the type sewn on jackets and things. I have | searched and found no where that supplies just the | ribbon, only the jackets, vests and things.

(distributors for reflexite, £50 min order)
(sew on, iron on, vehicle tapes and stickers, also letters and numbers to make up own text, about 2/3rds of way down page)
ordinary 'Scotchlite' pearlised strip loses some of its reflectivity when wet; the encapsulated Reflexite stuff is better and is what the police and traffic wardens use.

I have also seen various types of reflective strip sold by the metre on Ebay occasionally. Try General Industrial - Protective Gear. Cycle and motorcycle shops should have something.

Vinyl sign cutting places should be able to obtain reflective vinyl for signmaking and vehicle livery.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Cycle shops.

Andy Dee

Thanks Dave. I did a copy / paste and got two supplier hits from it. Easy when you know what to look for. Thanks again. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

Brilliant guys. I now have the exact stuff I need. Many, Many thanks for all the links and search wording ideas.

This group rocks.

(ho ho ho) Merry Christmas All (ho ho ho)

Reply to
BigWallop

Also have a look at this site - they have quite a few types:

is the thin fabric you see on the cheaper vests, TA/024/025/206 is the thick plastic faced stuff used on jackets.

Gareth

Reply to
Gareth A.

I bought some from ARCO, Waverley Street, HULL a few yeaqrs ago tp sew onto the rear end and sides of a horses waterproof rug so as to give us visibilty to drivers as I led it to and from its daytime grazing. Can't recall price but not much and it worked a treat.

Reply to
John

A google.co.uk for "high visibility tape" gives me this:

a bunch of other possibilities.

Reply to
Graham Harrison

If you can't find it easily, cut up some reflective straps - Halfords used to do these, for cyclists.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher