Hi vis checking

Quite legal

Quite illegal

Reply to
zaax

I have been in trouble twice for wearing the wrong colour hi-viz. Once for wearing yellow and once for wearing orange. Neither were muddy.

Reply to
ARW

In article , ARW scribeth thus

Understandable on railways to get the right colour, seems train drivers are "Tuned" to pick out Orange ones from everything else...

Reply to
tony sayer

The first time was when I did a job for Network Rail. And the chances of being run over by a train in the car park where I was working are:-)?

So to please NetworkRail I bought an orange Hi-vis set up. I tried to wear the orange hi-viz at a warehouse (the apprentice had my yellow gear).

Only the first aiders wear orange hi-vis in that warehouse.

It took the bloke doing the induction nearly 60 seconds to sort out the problem and give me a spare yellow hi-viz for the day.

Reply to
ARW

In message , ARW writes

I had a similar experience to you, "green hard hats can only be worn by first aiders" fortunately I have a white one too.

There's a jail that I got to and contractors have to wear yellow, orange is for trustees and they get nervous if they see someone in orange driving off down the road.

Reply to
Bill

Depending on the track layout and the driver's braking ability, surprisingly high :-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Orange shows up better against some vegetation. The problem is it's really crap for colour blind people, so the yellow one is better in general. Do I guess right that train drivers aren't allowed to be colour blind so orange is better for rail working?

Reply to
Clive George

U guessed right all those colour signals.

Now some smart botty is to come on here and tell us that doesn't matter;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

The air is so clean and clear up here that you don't get the reflected flare from oncoming lights, stuff just suddenly appears. Occasionally you can pick up on small reflections off walls etc but your own lights drown that out when you are much closer than 100 yds or so.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I thought requiring hivis was ridiculous (only YOU should be concerned about YOUR safety), but they're actually fussy about colours? That reeks of OCD.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

If I threw a hammer at your face, would you instinctively dodge it or not?

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Only if I saw it coming. If it were invisible or I was in the dark or looking eleswhere, then how would I know it was approaching my face ?, by email.

Reply to
whisky-dave

In one sense, orange doesn't matter for train drivers. Railway signals in the UK use red, green and yellow (not orange, not amber) and some use of white.

Reply to
polygonum

? 2014?11?1????UTC+

8??5?38?00??Uncle Peter? ????

should have. Can you get into trouble if it's too muddy?

I'm a senior undergraduate students in Toronto. I like Miami's sunbath, and something new about Apple. Reviewing app on my iPad and iPhone is one of m y part-time jobs. I often download some new apps on bestreviewapp, and give my review on iTunes to earn money. I need to buy a paid app in front, and complete the review with money back. Every day I could get $5 more or less. What's more important is to try the up-to-date apps FREE. As some of them are really nice, I'd like to help th e developers to find bugs and update with some function I need. I think it' s a kind of emotion like you and your sweet Teddy bear. Together with each other, and feel happy for its good looking with my little attempts. No fidd ling with my apple devices, I've using them. Let's hit it :

Li Lucia

pattern?

Have you never been follwed by a Mecedes on a bumpy road or had one coming towards you? Blasted HID lights with a razor sharp cut off but a crap "self leveling" system that doesn't track the bumps. Thus it appears as if the driver is continually flashing his head lights. And of course being HID they are stupidly bright pinpoint sources.

HID alignment/self leveling seems to have got better, these days if you get glare and certianly flashing from a HID equiped vehicle the chances are it will be a Mercedes, glare could be BMW or some Dicoverys.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

You get glare if they don't keep them clean.

Reply to
dennis