Heuga tile problem

I have recently had Heuga tiles laid in the bathroom and everything looked fine until I slightly repositioned one tile and noticed to my horror that where the edge of the tile had been resting against silicone sealant, the backing has gone sticky, brown and tar like. I have checked other tiles and the majority are perfect - the problem is occuring everywhere the tile edge is against the sealant. The silicone sealant used was BONDIT - Premium grade fungal resistant sanitary silicone

Any one got any idea why this should be happaning?

Dave

Reply to
David Jones

Heuga tiles are tar bonded tiles.

Reply to
EricP

Are the edges against the silicone cut or uncut?

The are bitumen backed so any cut edges would appear sticky, I don't expect the silicon has any bearing on the matter - but ask Interface's technical people

80/20

some edges are cut and some aren't - but all edges touching silicone are sticky and tarry and this is spreading into the rest of the tile - almost as if a corrosive/dissolving reaction is taking place

Reply to
David Jones