hep2o...

Not sure what pressure a blanking peg with grab ring removed (as per instructions) is okay too, but it's apparently less than the pressure generated in mains water system at the point where I turn the hosepipe off, the wife screams, and I dance through the kitchen with the grace of an overweight hippo wearing muddy trainers, all over my newly laid tiles, lunging for the lever valve I thankfully fitted just upstream of all my temporary hook-ups for the kitchen sink and outside tap.

Blanking plug now refitted with grab ring installed this time. I'll never get it out, but at least it won't come out either.

Ben

Reply to
Ben Blaukopf

Think your getting different system components mixed up.

Your probably getting different system components mixed up as its impossible to screw up the retaining cap if you fit current Hep2O blanking pegs into current Hep2O fittings without removing the grap ring.

You've definately got different system components mixed up. Speedfit plugs into Hep2O perhaps but surely you could just unscrew the retaining cap to get the peg out unless you are using slimline in which case you couldn't remove the grap ring.

Your story doesn't add up.

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 22:40:38 GMT, "Jim Alexander" mused:

Hate to say it, but neither does yours.

Reply to
Lurch

well I at least provided some reasons, which ones exactly do you think are wrong?

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander

Sod it. I am. I didn't know about the existence of HX44s and have somehow ended up with an HX41 which is a slimline blanking plug, and supposed to be installed with the grab ring.

Which makes a lot more sense. Lesson learned - if it looks wrong, it is...

Ben

Reply to
Ben Blaukopf

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 06:58:44 GMT, "Jim Alexander" mused:

Dunno, I can't work out what either of you are going on about tbh.

Reply to
Lurch

In message , Ben Blaukopf writes

mark