heat shrink tubing and hairdryers

The Versatip comes with a little heat shield that goes round the 'back' of the sleeving. Works a treat.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Even with my 80W soldering iron fully warmed up, held just a few milimeters away, it still takes me an age to get the damn stuff to shrink. Must be one hell of an iron you got there!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

You can swiftly waft a blowlamp over it. Very quick.

Reply to
harryagain

antex 24V at 25 watt temp controlled worked OK. If it can melt solder at 220C it can sure shrink HS at as little as 80C.

Reply to
whisky-dave

My shrink stuff must be high-temp, then. :-/

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

No I tried it and the air flow is too fast so the air isn't hot enough.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Someone above suggested a wind-proof cig lighter which I just happened to have lying around for no good reason, so I'm using that to good effect on the toobing. :-)

Reply to
Cursitor Doom