Headlamp height

Good. Just one more excuse to run them down.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I always thought you were one of TMH's personalities.

Reply to
dennis

*applause*
Reply to
Huge

+1
Reply to
Bob Eager

I was also sceptical, but what I really like is that it dims the door mirrors as well as the interior mirror.

Reply to
Steve Firth

VW Golf Mk 4 V5 2.3 170bhp. Baz.

Reply to
Baz

Lacks cylinders, power and drive to the correct wheels. Only decent Golf was the original GTI. Downhill since.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Dunno if you've got experience of Boris's blue cycle lanes, but they're wide enough for motorbikes who now piss up the inside of traffic at high speeds now - even more than before. I'd love to see some accident statistics.

As far as I'm concerned if I'm turning left from the correct lane and signalled in time, I ignore anything trying to overtake on the left. Basically f**k them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No stats just a video

ARWadsworth

Obliviously never driven a V5. Baz

Reply to
Baz

Check pulse, airway, respiration?

Reply to
Huge

Great, we've lifted the car up and dragged him out, now standback everyone while we choke him with fire extinguishers!

Reply to
Andy Burns

Tonight, on my journey home (around a mile and a half) I encountered only two cyclists - the first rode out of a side road, without even slowing to check for traffic; riding with both hands off the handlebars; using a mobile phone; having no lights and no reflectors; his only redeeming point being the white panels front and back of his coat. The second was riding along a tree-lined street where the lighting is poor due to the trees; he had no lights; no relectors; was dressed in black from head to foot and due to the rain, was using one hand to pinch his hood closed around his face, thus rendering himself nigh on invisible, while also restricting both his vision and his hearing.

Why on earth don't we have a crackdown - no lights, confiscate the bike on the spot and how about a requirement for at least light coloured clothing or a reflective vest/sash. It's not exactly a major cost to fit a couple of lights. My own are only a cheap set, but they're effective enough - in fact they're far better that the ones standard when I was a kid.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Sounds like an everyday occurrence in Cambridge and its been going on since the pushbike was invented..

And I suspect that will remain the case until the Sun becomes a white dwarf;!.....

Reply to
tony sayer