Hardwearing matt paint for wood - suggestions please ?

HI All

I'm about to start building a couple of portable 'back & side' arrangements as part of a display stand for craft fairs.

They'll be based around hardboard (pegboard) and 2" x 1" - and will fold out to provide a side and a narrow back on each side of a display table, and take standard pegboard wire fittings..

I'm not sure what type of paint to use. I want something with a fairly matt effect, but also fairly hardwearing, as these displays are going to be in & out of the back of my car fairly often, and need to look 'smart' for some time (?rules out emulsion paint ?).

Painting the pegboard is going to be a bit of a pain 'cos it's full of holes.... but I guess there's not a lot I can do about that .

Any suggestions please. Maybe matt emulsion with a matt varnish for protection - or can you get a gloss-type paint (= hardwearing) that's not gloss finish ?

Thanks in advance Adrian

======return email munged================= take out the papers and the trash to reply

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

In article , Adrian Brentnall writes

Oil based eggshell, I have used the Dulux Trade version and was happy with the result. Prime first, I use Dulux Trade Quick Drying Wood Primer Undercoat, it's water based but I don't mind that for the first coat (I prefer oil based for other coats for finish & durability).

Reply to
fred

Thanks for the recommendation. It's one of those jobs that I only want to do once, if you know what I mean - but it needs to look good and stay looking good.....

Thanks Adrian

======return email munged================= take out the papers and the trash to reply

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

Hi,

Dulux do a tough matt:

Maybe a paint factors can mix the colour you want, or DIY with tubes of tint.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C